Geotechnical Engineering-Testing, Inc. (GET) is looking to hire an Entry Level Staff Geotechnical Engineer to assist in the completion of geotechnical projects throughout the Southeastern US. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established and strong technical team, build and maintain client relationships, and continue growing our consulting engineering practice.
This position is an entry level job that requires close supervision & on-the-job training. This individual will receive specific and detailed instruction concerning required tasks and expected results. The engineer performs a variety of routine tasks to gain experience and familiarization with the engineering and technical staff and company methods, practices and programs. With progression, limited independence may be assigned to some tasks with work being reviewed for desired results and adherence to established policies and procedures.
The right candidate must be reliable, on time, have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, a strong work ethic, and be a team player.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate geotechnical drilling, mark field borings, log field activities and perform site reconnaissance.
- Conduct lab activities as needed.
- Prepare and/or distribute boring logs, boring plans and other critical reports under the supervision of a senior engineer.
- Assist local CMT projects with special inspection services.
- May assist with or conduct Construction Materials Testing services.
- Assist with construction document and daily field report reviews as needed.
- Represent the company at professional and/or client meetings.
- Perform other special assignments and projects as assigned by Senior Management.
- BS in Civil Engineering (MS Preferred), E.I.T. within 6 months
- No experience required
- Ability to pass a background check, MVR check, physical and drug/alcohol tests
- Excellent computer skills
- The ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules and overtime as needed.
- Possess sufficient stamina to work in outdoor (hot & cold) environment.
- Must be able to operate a computer and sit for long periods of time.
GET is a family-owned company that was formed in 1974 to provide geotechnical engineering and quality assurance testing services for construction projects related to industrial, infrastructure, and commercial development. As a drilling, materials testing, and construction inspection firm, we supported the owners and the engineering and construction industry along the Gulf Coast. Our professional staff are focused on providing the highest level of service and practical, cost-effective solutions to our clients.
At GET, we are driven to serve our clients, driven to serve our communities, and driven to serve our people. GET not only provides a great “work/life balance,” but we provide excellent employee benefits such as a robust health & dental plan, life insurance, paid-time off (PTO) and holidays. Our employees enjoy a casual atmosphere and dress code, open door policy and camaraderie between co-workers in a company where the employees are treated as the greatest resource. GET has an extremely low employee turn-over rate and many of the firm’s current employees have over 20 years of experience with the firm.
Click the “Apply Now” button below to download our fillable PDF application and email it to [email protected]. Contact us at (251) 666-7197 to schedule a time to apply in person.