Geotechnical Engineering-Testing, Inc. (GET) is looking to hire a Project Geotechnical Engineer to assist in the completion of geotechnical projects throughout the Southeastern US. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established and strong technical team, build and maintain client relationships, and continue growing our consulting engineering practice.
This position oversees field geotechnical explorations and investigations performed by GET personnel or subcontractors and reviews soils laboratory test results. This position performs analysis and design of shallow and deep foundations, performs slope stability analysis, and prepares geotechnical engineering reports. Project Engineers also interact with clients on technical aspects of the projects and are involved in developing and maintain client relationships. The right candidate must be reliable, on time, be a team player, have the ability to monitor and enforce quality control standards and specifications, read plan drawings, be quality minded and client focused. This position works independently under the direction of GET’s principal engineer and provides direction to GET’s junior engineers and technician staff.
- May perform field work related to geotechnical explorations and/or construction-related activities
- Have the ability to travel, including personal vehicle for use during company business.
- Performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided.
- Review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes.
- Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports.
- Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Senior level engineering professional providing technical direction required for production and completion of both routine and unique or complex projects.
- Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design and/or investigative approach for a major phase of a large project or have overall responsibility for the engineering work on a project of moderate scope.
- Provide review of projects requiring complex and innovative investigation techniques and supervise the analysis and formulation of recommendations in written reports to clients; provides technical review of reports.
- Provide leadership of marketing, sales and business development.
- Supervise less experienced engineers or technical support personnel on projects.
- BS in Civil Engineering (MS Preferred)
- Registration as a Professional Engineer and/or ability to register in Southeastern US States
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in the field of Geotechnical Engineering: Experience must include a minimum of 3 years of professional engineering, design team and client coordination, and project planning and budgeting.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of clients and project related matters.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ensure timely preparation and delivery of all reports
- The ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to operate a computer and sit for long periods of time.
GET is a family-owned company that was formed in 1974 to provide geotechnical engineering and quality assurance testing services for construction projects related to industrial, infrastructure, and commercial development. As a drilling, materials testing, and construction inspection firm, we supported the owners and the engineering and construction industry along the Gulf Coast. Our professional staff are focused on providing the highest level of service and practical, cost-effective solutions to our clients.
At GET, we are driven to serve our clients, driven to serve our communities, and driven to serve our people. GET not only provides a great “work/life balance,” but we provide excellent employee benefits such as a robust health & dental plan, life insurance, paid-time off (PTO) and holidays. Our employees enjoy a casual atmosphere and dress code, open door policy and camaraderie between co-workers in a company where the employees are treated as the greatest resource. GET has an extremely low employee turn-over rate and many of the firm’s current employees have over 20 years of experience with the firm.
Click the “Apply Now” button below to download our fillable PDF application and email it to [email protected] Contact us at (251) 666-7197 to schedule a time to apply in person.