Geotechnical Engineering-Testing, Inc. (GET) is looking for a qualified Construction Materials Testing (CMT) Technician. This position is responsible for the processing and testing of soil, asphalt and concrete materials using company and client specific guidelines. Starting salary will depend on level of experience. No experience is required. We offer paid certifications and training.
- Performs routine field and laboratory tests and inspections for the purpose of verifying conformance to construction plans and specifications.
- Monitors, observes, and samples the materials used in construction work.
- Follow proper procedures, perform accurate computations, and maintains cordial relationships with coworkers, clients, contractors, etc.
- Prepares daily reports and data sheets. Operates with close to moderate supervision.
- Typical activities include, but are not limited to: observation and monitoring of backfilling of subgrades, installation of reinforcing, fresh concrete sampling, base stone, and asphalt densities.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent. College coursework or degree preferred. Emphasis in physical sciences and/or math.
- Ability to communicate professionally orally and in writing.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to learn and follow instructions.
- Good driving record.
- Ensures on time and regular attendance.
- Routinely perform heavy lifting up to 50 lbs and occasionally lifting 85 lbs to waist height
- Possess sufficient stamina to work in outdoor (hot & cold) environment.
6 months of testing experience in soil, concrete, earthwork, and asphalt is preferred although not required.
Job Type: Full-time
This position is subject to a pre-employment drug and motor vehicle record check
GET is a family-owned company that was formed in 1974 to provide geotechnical engineering and quality assurance testing services for construction projects related to industrial, infrastructure, and commercial development. As a drilling, materials testing, and construction inspection firm, we supported the owners and the engineering and construction industry along the Gulf Coast. Our professional staff are focused on providing the highest level of service and practical, cost-effective solutions to our clients.
At GET, we are driven to serve our clients, driven to serve our communities, and driven to serve our people. GET not only provides a great “work/life balance,” but we provide excellent employee benefits such as a robust health & dental plan, life insurance, paid-time off (PTO) and holidays. Our employees enjoy a casual atmosphere and dress code, open door policy and camaraderie between co-workers in a company where the employees are treated as the greatest resource. GET has an extremely low employee turn-over rate and many of the firm’s current employees have over 20 years of experience with the firm.
Click the “Apply Now” button below to download our fillable PDF application and email it to [email protected] Contact us at (251) 666-7197 to schedule a time to apply in person.